Vinyl pre-Installation Guidelines
Before your vinyl installation, you should expect:
- Remove all furniture before installation day.
- If you plan on not being home at the time of installation, please leave instructions as to gaining entry into your home and a phone number where you can be reached if needed.
- Ensure pets and children are not present on installation day.
- The installation may create a great deal of dust that we cannot entirely control. Therefore, please expect to have to clean the installation and surrounding areas.
- Gas appliances must be reconnected by your gas supplier.
- If your new floor is higher than your existing floor, it may be necessary for us to trim the bottom of your doors for them to open and close. There will be an additional charge for this.
- Make sure the job site is clean and ready before we arrive.
We will go over all charges with you before installation. There may be additional charges if the installer is asked to perform work that is not part of the original scope or if a problem is revealed that our estimator could not anticipate.
Vinyl Installation Guidelines
- Don’t allow heavy furniture to be moved onto the new installation for 24-48 hours. The adhesive usually requires 72 hours to dry. Dragging objects across the floors could cause damage.
- Restrict traffic in the seam area for at least 24 hours after installation.
- Ensure walk-off mats are approved for vinyl, or they will discolor your floor.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Contact our team as needed.